Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why I am writing this blog...

As a forty-something citizen of the state of Wisconsin, I have spent all of my years living in the "burbs", following the ups and downs of both professional and college sports teams that represent the great badger state. As many of you know, it is not easy being a fan of teams in Wisconsin. It almost seems as though we have more ups and downs to endure than the fans of most other states. But, if you were to travel to Michigan, or Pennsylvania, Texas, or Colorado, you would probably find fans from those states saying the exact same things about their sports teams. That's both the beauty of sports, and the curse...trying to "stay" with your teams when times are bad, and jumping on the bandwagon when things are good. For those of you that can stay the course no matter what your favorite teams are doing, congratulations! That's quite a feat. I guess some of the time I just don't have the patience or mental fortitude to ride the roller coaster. I am tremendously emotional, and I often can find myself turning to other activities in my extremely busy life when things are going badly for my teams. However, in the end, I root hard for the local teams, and I would like nothing more than to see a number of championships in the upcoming years for Wisconsin sports teams. That would be awesome.

Although in this blog I will mainly touch on topics related to the Milwaukee Brewers, I also will from time to time address other local sporting events or accomplishments. However, I may begin another blog to address the many local sports outside Brewers baseball, and I will announce that when it happens.

I feel that I am a knowledgeable sports fan with a good deal to say. You may agree with me, and you may disagree with me. However, that is why this forum was established...to have intelligent, thoughtful, and in-depth dialogue regarding the Milwaukee Brewers, their players, coaches, former players, opponents, etc. I am very opinionated, and I expect you will be too.

Expect to read about hard-hitting topics that I feel are on the minds of the great Wisconisn sports fan. I look forward to serving you well in this capacity, and I look forward to some great dialogue today and into the future.

BCBB

No comments:

Post a Comment